SPOTLIGHT Sunday!

I hate to admit it...


but I don't blog nearly as much as I want to these days. This year has become sooo much more than I ever imagined that it would be. One of these days I'm planning on sitting down and writing about it. I keep saying that to myself but I haven't done it yet and I'm already 11 weeks into the year. It doesn't sound like that long when I put it that way. I feel it though. But I am happy to say that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE what I am doing this year!

ANYWAYS, I wanted to get on the stick and blog on a more regular basis so I decided to start...



to put the SPOTLIGHT on a blog or two that I have taken note of and think you will be interested in.

These blogs certainly don't need my help to get noticed but sometimes it's nice to be in the SPOTLIGHT!

I found some really cute Halloween, not so spooky, ideas at ...

Dragonflies in First

Traci has the cutest idea to go with the book Where's my Mummy? by Carolyn Crimi. She also has cute little monster glyph she got based on a banner that she pinned which I am going to repin!

She also explains how her school is having Literacy Day on October 31st in which the students dress up as book characters. We did something similar at my school last year. The students walked through the library in front of the TV camera while the rest of the school watched in their classrooms.

Another blog that I wanted to take note of this evening is...

Sunny Days in Second

Denise has a game called Spider Legs in which students roll dice and practice ways to make 8. If I was teaching First Grade math, I would definitely be doing this! 

She also makes cute BUMP games for all the holidays! For this time of year be sure to check out her BOO BUMP game, it's sure to be a hit in your classroom.

Speaking of composing numbers, check out...


Ms. A has some cute activities for your students to show ways to make 9.

She also has lots of pumpkin ideas to share. If I I was taking some First Grade friends to a pumpkin patch this year, I wouldn't think twice about using her writing activities for before and after the trip.

Click on over and visit my SPOTLIGHTed blogs and and tell them that Kathy sent you! If they'd like they can also pick up by SPOTLIGHT Sunday button above.

Have a GREAT week!

3 comments

Traci Clausen said...

❤ to you!!
Thanks for the shout out, sweet friend.

It's amazing how time just slips by, isn't it? I keep saying... if we could just add a few more hours into the day, I could get it all done! Glad to hear your busy state is due to doing things you love and not being overwhelmed with all the yucky parts! :D

Primary Paradise said...

Great Idea! I've been so bad about blogging lately too, not enough minutes in the day. Would love to have you stop by and take a peek. Your games and ideas help so much in my classroom.
Tammy
Primary Paradise

SunnyDays said...

Hey friend!
Thanks for the mention. Your pumpkins look fantastic!!
Denise
Sunny Days In Second Grade

Post a Comment

THANKS for taking the time to comment!